May 31st 2013
To be held at the New Ivey Building, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada. The program is now complete. The one-day symposium features top-quality academic presentations of research in the empirical and theoretical side of marketing.
To increase the profile and quality of Canadian academic marketing strategy research in the empirical and theoretical fields. To this end the conference will:
- Bring together academics and PhD students based in Canada to discuss their research.
- Identity and promote future directions in industrial marketing strategy research in Canada by helping academics understand topics of importance to practitioners.
- Showcase empirical research on marketing topics.
- Encourage the development of high quality marketing theory.
- Help provide a bridge to practitioners by disseminating ideas from top academic research.
- Encourage creating knowledge networks through collaborative research in the domain.
Click Empirical And Theoretical Symposium Agenda for a .pdf.
Room 1140 Richard Ivey Building on Western Road (this is the “new building” for those who know Western). — Map can be found on Ivey Website
Abstracts can be found here
Dinner will be held after the conference at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, 717 Richmond Street, (near the StationPark Hotel)
Sourav Ray, Associate Professor, Degroote School of Business, McMaster University
Mark Vandenbosch, Kraft Professor in Marketing and Faculty Scholar, Ivey School of Business, Western University
David Soberman, Canadian National Chair in Strategic Marketing, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Paul Messinger, Associate Professor of Marketing, Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
Georges Zaccour, Chair in Game Theory and Management, HEC Montréal
Attendance is free to academics, you are welcome to attend even if you do not present. Contact Neil Bendle to be put on the mailing list.