The Empirical and Theoretical symposium is a conference I helped create:
- To help increase the profile and quality of Canadian research in quantitative marketing strategy
- Bring together academics and PhD students based in Canada to discuss their research.
- Identify and promote future directions in industrial marketing strategy research in Canada by helping academics understand topics of importance to practitioners.
- Showcase empirical research on marketing topics. Encourage the development of high quality marketing theory.
- Help provide a bridge to practitioners by disseminating ideas from top academic research.
- Encourage creating knowledge networks through collaborative research in the domain.
Symposium have been held at
First symposium at the Ivey Business School, Western University 2013
Second symposium at DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University 2014
Third Symposium at the Rotman School, of Management University of Toronto 2015
Fourth Symposium, Alberta Business School, University of Alberta 2016
Fifth Symposium, Desautels Faculty of Management McGill University 2017
Sixth Symposium, University of Guelph, 2018
Seventh Symposium, University of British Columbia 2019
The 2020 symposium at Queens was suspended due to Covid-19
For the slides from the Machine Learning seminar at the Guelph ET Symposium see Nathan Yang’s website.
Given I am now in the US I will not be as involved with the ET Symposium going forward and won’t update this page. That said, I would urge any visitors coming from Canadian to seek out information about and attend the symposium.